Healthy Pizza Recipes? Here’s 2! BBQ chicken anybody?
Getting healthy doesn’t mean you can’t have your favorite foods! Pizza is a popular favorite for many of us – so much so that some people experience anxiety over the thought of giving it up! So here are two healthy pizza recipes to soothe your panic!
Note: If you want to make your own pizza crust, I applaud your commitment to the cause! I, on the other hand, don’t always have time, so these recipes can be made on a large crust or three personal size crusts, and as you can see, I alternate each recipe.
Healthy Pizza Recipes: BBQ Chicken Style
- Light Cooking Spray or Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cups shredded skinned and boned deli-roasted chicken breast
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium marinara sauce
- 1/4 cups unsalted chicken cooking stock
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 package of 3 (7in) pre-baked thin-and-crispy pizza crusts
- 10-12 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tbs. ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
How to Prepare
Step 1: Preheat oven to 450 Deg. Heat a saucepan over medium heat, coat the pan with spray or olive oil. Add onions and saute for 2 minutes or until soft. Stir in Chicken, stock, marinara and bbq sauce and cook for 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
Step 2: Spread 1/2 cup of topping over each crust and top with mozzarella cheese. Place pizzas on oven rack or pizza stone and bake at 450 for 9 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Top pizzas with chopped green onions and pepper if it gets your boat floatin’!
Step 3: Cut each pizza into 4 slices and enjoy!
Healthy Pizza Recipes: White Pizza
- 1 Large Prebaked Pizza Crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 slices center cut bacon
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1 (8oz. package) of whole button mushrooms quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teasoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
How to Prepare
Step 1: Preheat Oven to 450 Deg. Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, let cool, crumple and set aside. With the same skillet add onions and mushrooms to pan (because who doesn’t like bacon flavored everything) cook for 10 minutes or until tender, string occasionally. Remove from heat and sprinkle (carefully) with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper.
Step 2: Sprinkle olive oil and the remaining salt and pepper over your crust, place crust on the lowest baking rack for about 9 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove crust and spread ricotta cheese, onion, mushrooms, and arugula evenly over crust. Sprinkle with bacon, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese!
Step 3: Cut each pizza into four slices and enjoy!
Now enjoy! Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog for more healthy pizza recipes (among others!) and fitness tips delivered to your inbox every week! If you make this, don’t forget to post it on Instagram, tag @gettwofit, and use #gettwofit!